Broad Ripple Brewpub Quiz
posted: May 04, 2023
Motor Racing Movies
1) Steve McQueen starred in a 1971 movie surrounding what famous French car race?
2) Who played the arrogant American Formula One driver Pete Aron in the 1966 movie Grand Prix?
3) Who played the European rival to Will Ferrell's character in the 2006 movie Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby?
4) The 1990 movie Days Of Thunder featured the first film pairing of what one time married couple?
American Craft Beer
1) According to figures from the Brewer's Association what percentage of the beer sold in the United States by volume is craft beer? Is it A. 2.3%, B. 6.5%, C. 10.2% or D. 15.8%
2) Jack McAuliffe, who made a welcome appearance at this year's Winterfest, founded what seminal craft brewery in Sonoma California in 1976?
3) Garrett Oliver, author of the well received book The Brewmaster's Table published in 2003, is the brewmaster at what well-known Regional Craft Brewery?
4) What New England state, second only to Wyoming for least populous of the fifty states, has the most microbreweries per capita?
What's in a Name
1) What performer is the subject of a 1999 biopic, directed by Milos Forman, whose title comes from a song released in 1992 that was written about that performer?
2) Mariah Carey was named for a song from what Lerner and Loewe musical?
3) Ray Bradbury's classic 1962 novel Something Wicked This Way Comes gets its title from a line in what Shakespeare play?
4) When German shoe manufacturers and brothers Adi and Rudi Dassler formed separate companies following a disagreement, Rudi formed the company Puma, what is the name of the company that Adi formed?
May History - Part One
1) What kind of plane was Francis Gary Powers flying when he was shot down over Russia on May 1, 1960?
2) The author of The Prince, which was published posthumously in 1532, was born on May 3rd 1469. Who was he?
3) On May 10th, 1969, an assault began on a mountain called Dong Ap Bia in Vietnam by American troops. It would be taken from the North Vietnamese Army ten days later only to be abandoned shortly after. What nickname was given to the mountain by the soldiers who fought in the battle? Hamburger Hill
4) Mehmet Ali Agca who shot Pope John Paul II on May 13th, 1981, was born in what country?
1) Quiet Riot had a hit in 1983 with Cum On Feel The Noize, which was a cover of a song first recorded in 1973 by what British Glam Rock band?
2) Who is the lead singer of Def Leppard?
3) What band recorded the 1986 album Look What The Cat Dragged In?
4) What actress famously appeared in the video for Whitesnake's 1982 song Here I Go Again?