Broad Ripple Brewpub Quiz
posted: Nov. 11, 2021
College Hoops trivia
1) What postseason college basketball tournament features a best of three final?
2) How much further from the basket is the arc of the three point line on an NBA court than on an NCAA men's basketball court?
3) In men's college basketball how many seconds does a team have to attempt a shot that at least hits the rim before being called for a shot clock violation?
4) What team from the Pacific Northwest, whose nickname is a species of waterfowl, defeated what other team whose current head coach is former Butler head coach Thad Matta, to win the first Division I Men's Basketball Championship in 1939?
1) In the opening credits of the 1972 movie Sleuth six people are credited as being part of the cast. How many of the names were actually real actors who appeared in the movie?
2) The cast of what 1970s disaster movie featured Paul Newman, Steve McQueen, Fay Dunaway, William Holden, O. J. Simpson and Fred Astaire?
3) What spoof of gangster films released in 1976 and starring Jody Foster and Scott Baio featured an all kid cast?
4) In what 2006 movie do all the cast members speak in the Yucatec Mayan language?
1) What photographer is credited with the creation of photojournalism due to his photographs of the American Civil War?
2) What Frenchman gave his name to an early photographic process?
3) What photographer is famous for his deep-focus, black and white photos of the American West?
4) What does the acronym SLR stand for?
Geographical American History
1) In what state is Fort Sumter, the sight of the first battle of the Civil War?
2) What famous event occurred at Kill Devil Hills in 1903?
3) In what village on the border of North and South Korea was an armistice signed in 1953 that ended the United States involvement in the Korean War?
4) What famous event took place on Promontory Summit, Utah in 1869?
TV Comedy Lyrics
1) "Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's DOA" are lyrics from the theme song to what television show?
2) "Gee our old LaSalle ran great" are lyrics from the theme song to what television show?
3) "A man is born, he's a man of means, along come two they got nuthin' but their jeans" are lyrics from the theme song to what television show?
4) "Friendly faces everywhere, humble folks without temptation" are lyrics from the theme song to what television show?