Indy DPW and Indy Parks Announce Christmas Tree Recycling Dates
posted: Jan. 07, 2021
The Indianapolis Department of Public Works (DPW) and Indy Parks will accept live Christmas trees for recycling at multiple drop-off points in public parks throughout the city.
Beginning Friday, December 25, 2020 through Sunday, January 31, 2021, residents can drop off live trees at eight different locations. Trees must be free of ornaments, tinsel, tree stands and all other decorative materials. Trees should be dropped off only at the specially designated area within the park, and only between dawn and dusk.
Drop-off locations are as follows:
- Broad Ripple Park (1610 Broad Ripple Avenue)
- Ellenberger Park (5301 East St. Clair Street)
- Garfield Park (2432 Conservatory Drive)
- Krannert Park (605 South High School Road)
- Northwestway Park (5253 West 62nd Street)
- Perry Park (451 East Stop 11 Road)
- Riverside Park (2420 East Riverside Drive)
- Sahm Park (6801 East 91st Street)
The Indianapolis live tree recycling service recycles trees for sustainable landscaping resources, such as mulch and soil blends. Last year 7,234 Christmas trees were chipped by Park Maintenance. The mulch and soil blends are used across Indy Parks in the spring.
The live tree recycling program is not for commercial use, and is solely for Marion County residents.