Broad Ripple Brewpub Quiz
posted: Oct. 08, 2020
Super Bowl History
1) What team won the first Super Bowl?
2) What team did Joe Namath and The New York Jets beat to win Super Bowl III?
3) What number was the first Super Bowl to be played after the NFL/AFL merger?
4) On Sunday, the Pittsburgh Steelers tied what team for most appearances in the Super Bowl?
Right And Wrong
Either the word "Right" or the word "Wrong" form part of the answers to these questions
1) What one hit wonders recorded "I'm Too Sexy"?
2) What 1956 Alfred Hitchcock movie, starring Henry Fonda, was based on a true story?
3) What aviator flew from New York to Ireland in 1938 when he was supposed to be flying to Long Beach, California?
4) What does the Sixth Amendment to the Constitution guarantee?
Science Fiction Television
1) Dirk Benedict and Katee Sackoff played the same character on different versions of the same show. What was the character's name?
2) What BBC science fiction series started out as a radio show, before becoming a best selling novel spawning four sequels, and later going on to be a big budget movie released in 2005?
3) Dr. Zachary Smith was the villain in what sci-fi series?
4) Whose parents were named Sarek and Amanda?
Famous Rock Concerts
1) On whose farmland did the Woodstock Festival of 1969 take place?
2) George Harrison and Ravi Shankar organized a concert in 1971 to benefit the people of what country?
3) What two guitarists performed with Bob Dylan at the Live Aid concert in 1985?
4) In what state does the Bonaroo Festival take place each year?
1) The conflict between England and France, that lasted 116 years, is known by what somewhat inappropriate title?
2) The Punic Wars were a series of conflicts between the Roman Empire and what foe?
3) The Battle of Hastings in 1066 was the decisive battle in what invasion of which country?
4) The Battles of Marathon and Thermopylae were both fought by the Greek States against the forces of what Empire?