Broad Ripple Brewpub Quiz
posted: Jul. 08, 2021
B is for Books - all the answers to these questions begin with the letter "B"
1) What 1996 best seller by Helen Fielding, which was made into an equally successful movie in 2001, was loosely based on Pride and Prejudice?
2) What non-fiction work, published by white journalist John Howard Griffin in 1961, describes his experiences while traveling by Greyhound bus through the Deep South disguised as an African American man?
3) What classic novel, published in 1931, got its title from a line spoken by Miranda in Shakespeare's The Tempest?
4) According to the title of Sue Grafton's second installment in her series of crime novels featuring the private detective Kinsey Milhone, what is "B" for?
1) Where would you find the Hebrew letters Nun, Gimel, Hei and Shin most often grouped together?
2) What name is given to the letters of the Russian alphabet?
3) The Greek letters Chi and Rho, represented in English by an "X" and a "P" respectively, were once used as an abbreviation for whom?
4) What name is given to the Egyptian hieroglyphic character that translates into English as "Eternal Life"?
Structures of the World
1) In what city would you find the Doge's Palace?
2) Who once lived in the Forbidden City?
3) Buildings designed by the architect Antoni Gaudi are mostly located in what city?
4) What structure located in Toronto was once the tallest building in the world?
1) The first season of MTV's The Real World, which debuted in 1992, was set in what city?
2) What sit-com featured a couple that had a dog named Murray and a child named Mabel?
3) Lucy Lawless, who played Xena on Xena: Warrior Princess, is a native of what country?
4) In what fictional Alaskan town was the series Northern Exposure set?
1) What title character was Rudolph Valentino's most famous role?
2) Who co-directed and starred in the 1926 comedy The General?
3) The Big Parade released in 1925, directed by King Vidor and starring John Garfield takes place during what early 20th Century event?
4) What two actors co-starred with Mel Brooks in his 1976 film Silent Movie?