Broad Ripple Brewpub Quiz
posted: Apr. 29, 2021
1) What cartoon character's favorite song was "My Darling Clementine"?
2) Who lived in Mr. Peeble's pet store?
3) What show about scheming felines was inspired by The Phil Silvers Show?
4) What was the name of Quick Draw McGraw's alter ego?
1) What French phrase can be used to describe an unconventional person who says whatever is on their mind regardless of consequence?
2) When something has a special quality that's hard to define what French phrase can be used to describe it?
3) Americans may say it's a "done deal", but what more refined French phrase can be used to say the same thing?
4) What kind of painting, described by a French phrase, has a realistic three-dimensional quality?
Chinese Zodiac answers have the name of a character from the Chinese zodiac in them
1) What 1975 movie, which starred John Wayne and Katherine Hepburn, was a sequel to an Oscar winning 1969 movie?
2) What name is given to the cloud of dust and gas that is located in the constellation of Orion?
3) What was the name of the character who appeared in five books written by John Updike?
4) What is the largest tributary of the Columbia River?
World Sports Terms
1) In what sport are the participants known as Rikishi?
2) Camogie is the female version of what sport?
3) What game starts when two Ruckmen vie for a ball bounced off the ground by an Umpire?
4) What sport features a position called Silly Mid On?
The Films of John Hughes
1) What 1987 movie, written by John Hughes and starring Eric Stolz, Mary Stuart Masterson and Lea Thompson, was essentially a reworking of the 1986 movie Pretty in Pink?
2) What movie featured Robert Downey Jr. and Bill Paxton in early roles?
3) What song, recorded by what Scottish New Wave band, was the theme to The Breakfast Club?
4) What movie featured a character called Long Duk Dong?