Joella's Offering FREE Kids Meals and FREE Delivery
posted: Mar. 26, 2020
Joella's Hot Chicken Offering Free Kids Meals During COVID-19 Restrictions
All store locations will offer free kids meals Monday-Friday & two weeks free delivery on DoorDash
On March 17, 2020, Joella's Hot Chicken announced that stores in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky have transitioned to a carryout, delivery and drive-thru only model, while temporarily closing its dining rooms in compliance with government orders in each state to proactively address the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). All Joella's locations - including those in Georgia and Florida - will change daily operating hours to 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. EDT and offer FREE kids meals to children 10 and under. Free kids meals are available from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. EDT Monday through Friday with no purchase necessary. As other states approve proactive responses to COVID-19, Joella's will update employees, partners and the public regarding hours and availability.
"Our team is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our guests and our employees," said Christina Happel, Regional Vice President of Operations for Joella's Hot Chicken. "We know many children face food insecurities and we want to help school districts and families ensure that every child has a good meal while we work through this difficult time together. For Joella's, doing whatever we can to help is doing the right thing."
To support communities and families affected by COVID-19 quarantines and closures, Joella's will begin the following operating procedures at every location in the Southeast and Midwest.
- FREE kid's meals: On Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m., families can order free kids meals for children 10 and under at all locations, no purchase necessary.
- FREE delivery: No delivery fee on DoorDash from March 17 - 31.
- "No contact delivery": When ordering DoorDash, guests can ask for "no-contact delivery" and give DoorDash instructions for a drop-off location. Using text messages, "dashers" work with guests to ensure safe and healthy food delivery.
- New operating hours: All 16 Joella's locations will transition its hours of operation to 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. EDT daily. Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana will offer carryout, delivery and drive-thru only.
- New ways to support and save: Joella's is offering a gift card bonus enabling guests to save while showing their support for local employees by purchasing a $25 card for $20, or a $50 card for $40.
Joella's will also show its appreciation for hardworking hospital and healthcare workers at the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic by offering complimentary catering to hospitals and healthcare facilities near each Joella's location.
Joella's Hot Chicken is dedicated to keeping our community safe and healthy. To further reduce the spread of illness, Joella's has increased the frequency of cleaning procedures, especially in high-traffic areas and on common touchpoints such as cash registers, countertops, tables, chairs, bathrooms, door handles, etc. We strongly encourage guests and employees to practice diligence and use the CDC and WHO recommendations for 20-second hand-washing procedures.
A list of all Joella's stores can be found at joellas.com/locations
. For more information about Joella's Hot Chicken visit joellas.com