Broad Ripple Brewpub Quiz
posted: Nov. 19, 2020
1) Roman Navarro played the title role in the silent version of what movie that was remade in 1959?
2) What movie, which starred Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn and James Stewart was remade as a musical starring Bing Crosby, Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra?
3) What 1937 movie starring Fredric March and Janet Gaynor was remade in 1954 starring James Mason and Judy Garland and again in 1976 starring Kris Kristofferson and Barbra Streisand?
4) Who played the part in the original 1969 version of True Grit that was played by Matt Damon in the 2010 version?
1) What was the nickname of Yankees Hall-of-Fame shortstop Phil Rizzuto?
2) The last time the Chicago Cubs won the World Series was 1908. Which team did they beat?
3) Actor and singer Gene Autry was part owner of what baseball team?
4) What position did Babe Ruth play when he first started his Major League career with the Boston Red Sox?
1) In 1796 Edward Jenner created the first vaccine. What disease was it a vaccination against?
2) How often does the comet named for English astronomer Edmund Halley pass by the Earth?
3) Francis Crick, James Watson and Maurice Wilson won the Nobel Prize for what?
4) What was Alfred Nobel's most famous invention?
L is for Literature (all the answers to these questions begin with the letter "L")
1) What novel by Larry McMurtry won the Pulitzer Prize in 1986?
2) What play by Eugene O'Neill tells of the dysfunctional Tyrone family?
3) What novel by Brett Easton Ellis takes its title from a song by Elvis Costello?
4) What best selling novel from 1970 is the most well known work by Erich Segal?
1) From what Billy Joel song do the following lyrics come: "We came in spastic like tameless horses"?
2) From what Paul Simon song do the following lyrics come: "My traveling companion is nine years old he is the child of my first marriage"?
3) From what James Taylor song do the following lyrics come: "I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song"?
4) From what Neil Diamond song do the following lyrics come: "You make me feel like a guitar hummin'"?