Converted from paper version of the Broad Ripple Gazette (v14n01)
Right in my Own Backyard - You Too Can Be An Explorer! - by Brandt Carter
posted: Jan. 06, 2017
You Too Can Be An Explorer!
Coming in from the summer and fall weather gives you more time to search the computer. Whether you are mobile, at a desktop or tablet, at the coffee shop, library, or home, here are some Broad Ripple e-sites you will want to find.
For the history of Broad Ripple, check out:
For journalism and current happenings, check out:
- The Broad Ripple Gazette, editor Alan Hague, is a free, all-volunteer village paper since May of 2004. It can be found online and in over 200 locations. P.S., Advertisers are welcomed and check out www.broadripplegazette.com
- Indy Midtown Magazine (www.indymidtownmagazine.com) and Broad Ripple Magazine www.townepost.com/category/indiana/broad-ripple) feature local celebs and interesting stories about Broad Ripple.
- Need I say more? For up-to-date posts and photos, www.facebook.com/BroadRippleVillage Most every business has a website listing hours, menus, history, stories, sales, and photos.
For yearly events, check out:
- Christmas Parade www.broadripplelightsup.org
- Art Fair www.indplsartcenter.org
- Art Tours in the village www.broadrippleartwalk.org
- Duck Race www.broadrippleduckrace.org
- Home Tour www.broadripplehometour.org
Here are a few informative sites you might enjoy accessing:
Interesting sites for sightseers:
or www.yelp.com and search for Broad Ripple
Other sites to search for Broad Ripple content are search engines like Google, Firefox, Explorer, and Bing for a variety of images. Spending a few hours at the computer is like being a modern explorer. You just might turn up interesting articles, events, or businesses that let you get to know more Broad Ripple.