Converted from paper version of the Broad Ripple Gazette (v07n02)
Friends group forms at Broad Ripple Park
posted: Jan. 22, 2010
Among our many neighborhood amenities are several great city parks, including active and spacious Broad Ripple Park. In addition to the family center, which schedules scores of classes throughout the year, the park offers an outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, baseball diamond, multi-use athletic fields, playground, picnic shelters, a viewing platform over the White River, a bark park, a wooded preserve, a walking/jogging/running/bicycling and fitness path, and a boat ramp to the White River.
The Friends of Broad Ripple Park is a newly-founded organization with a passion and appreciation for the park and its many amenities. We are dedicating ourselves to provide support for the park, its programs, its facilities and its future.
To better guide our activities, we are asking our Broad Ripple neighbors to complete a brief survey about how you already use the park and what you'd like to see in the park in the future. You may complete the survey in this edition of The Gazette or take the survey online on our web site, www.broadripplepark.org.
Thank you in advance for your time and participation.
Broad Ripple Park Survey 2009
Please mail this survey to the family center (or drop it off at the front desk), at
Broad Ripple Park
1550 Broad Ripple Avenue
Indianapolis, Indiana 46220
1. On average, how often do you use Broad Ripple Park?
___ Often (one or more times per week)
___ Occasionally (three or four times per month)
___ Seldom (a few times per year)
___ Not at all
2. What are your most frequent activities at Broad Ripple Park?
___ Athletic fields ___ Playground
___ Bark Park nbsp; ___ Recycling
___ Biking ___ Swimming
___ Boat ramp and/or dock ___ Summer concerts
___ Community center classes ___ Tennis
___ Picnicking ___ Walking
3. The Friends Of Broad Ripple Park hope to raise money for capital improvement projects within the park. Please take a moment to rank the following, from 1 being the greatest need for improvement to 5 being the least.
___ Athletic fields
___ Playground equipment and surface
___ Swimming pool
___ Tennis courts
4. If funding were available, what events, amenities or uses would you like to see added to Broad Ripple Park in the future?
5. If you would like to receive occasional email notices from the Friends of Broad Ripple Park, please print (legibly) your email address below:
The Friends will not sell or share your email address but may send you information about third-party activities related to the Park.